The Strings Attached Pledge is an oath to committed friendships. Won’t you take the pledge with us and start a “commitment revolution” in your community?
1. I understand that “Strings Attached” friendships require commitment and time.
2. I will pray for my friend and present her needs to God.
“After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord made him prosperous again and gave him twice as much as he had before. ” – Job 42:10
3. I will listen for my friend’s heart more than her talk. I will not be afraid to listen to her struggles.
“As water reflects a face, so a man’s heart reflects the man.” Pr 27:19
4. I will defend my friend in public and in private. She will be safe in my company and also when she is not in my company.
“He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends.” Pr 17:9
5. I will not be a busybody in my friend’s affairs. It is not my responsibility to “fix” her problem or carry her burden. I will encourage my friend to give her burdens to Christ.
“It’s a mark of good character to avert quarrels, but fools love to pick fights.” Pr 20:3 (The Message translation)
6. I will honor my friend’s privacy when she desires it.
“When you’re given a box of candy, don’t gulp it all down; eat too much chocolate and you’ll make yourself sick;And when you find a friend, don’t outwear your welcome; show up at all hours and he’ll soon get fed up.” Pr 25:17 (The Message)
7. I will not purposefully hide my blessings or my pain from my friend.
“Friends love through all kinds of weather, and families sitck ‘together in all kinds of trouble.” Pr 17:17 (The Message)
8. I will speak the truth to my friend.
“As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.” Pr27:6, 13
9. I will stand by and protect my friend in times of trouble.
“Two are better than one, because they have a good return on their work. If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.
A CORD OF THREE STRANDS IS NOT QUICKLY BROKEN.”
Strings Attached Ministries
Let us help your ministry become the cord of three strands.